Thursday, November 27, 2014

Giving Thanks....Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

The starting line at this morning's Applied Materials
Silicon Valley Turkey Trot
As we spend today giving thanks for all the important things in our lives, let me share a few things I'm thankful for.  I'm thankful for great moments with my kids, like last evening's walk where I discussed plate tectonics with my 11-year old daughter who seemed genuinely interested as my autistic son gleefully swatted away flies that would have frightened him only a few months ago.  I'm thankful for Turkey Trots, like the Applied Materials Silicon Valley Turkey Trot I ran this morning.  These are always great races since everyone is in a festive holiday mood.  After a bit of a downer half-marathon in Monterey, I bounced back to run a pretty good 10k if I say so myself.  I'm also thankful for my great wife who also ran a great 10k for herself wearing a tutu, reminding me not to take life so seriously.

Here's hoping you all have plenty to be thankful for, and I wish you all the best for Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment