Friday, June 11, 2010

New Blog Name, No New Tattoo

Everyone I've consulted with about getting a tattoo advised me to consider it for weeks if not months, given its personal intimacy and permanence. I suppose a blog name is not quite a tattoo, but "Bay Area Beer Runner" has seemed like a tattoo I picked up on a drunken whim at 2am in the morning. It was chosen under some duress, and I've never been quite comfortable with the contrived, slightly cartoonish name.

So after weeks of consideration, I've decided to change the blog name again, hopefully for the last time, to Ramblings of a Beer Runner. Can't say if the new name is like getting a tattoo I'm really proud of, since I've never actually gotten a tattoo.

Forced analogies aside, hope you'll come to read and enjoy my ramblings.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see Beer Runner is still in the name.

    Beer run on,

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, as long as you have "beer" and "runner" somewhere in there the name will serve you well. Nothing is really all that permanent, if you think about it, not even tattoos. They can be lasered off. Not to mention, when we die, our skin becomes worm food/soil. Drink one for me!!

    ReplyDelete